So it wasn't really smuggled. We went to Watertown to shop tonight, me being the kiddos, a friend of mine from work and myself. I wasn't planning on spending money but when we got there I remembered how cheap it was to buy the Fisher Price Royal potty seat there - $20.00 vs $46 and change (plus 14% tax!) here. I think the tax was like 9% or something there. So I bought it, for more than half the price. In fact, I also brought home new knitting needles, two pairs of jeans and miscellaneous health and beauty items for $53. That's right, LESS than I would have paid for the potty seat alone in Canada.
When we got to the border, they asked how much we had spent and what we bought. I was being a little dramatic in the title, because we told her we got a potty seat among other things, and she just waved us on through, without a duty slip :) yay! I didn't want to pay the tax on it anyways. The real and alarming crime here is the insane pricing in comparison to our neighbours to the south. What is that all about?? In my eyes it is pure insanity. But if you want me border jumping and supporting the economy in another country to get a good deal... thumbs up Canada. Keep those prices where they are and there is no doubt that I will continue to do this.
In unrelated, and sadder news - my godmother is back in the hospital. It looks like I will be swinging by for a visit on Saturday. I hope she can get straightened out and work through this whole ordeal. It's destroying her. She really isn't the same person anymore. I am glad that she is back where she can get professional (and dare I say 'outside') help; considering the circumstances I think this is exactly where she needs to be.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Smuggled Potty Chairs and other crimes
Posted by Kimberly at 4:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your GM. I hope that she is getting the care she needs and will continue to get it as long as she needs it.
Post a Comment