Monday, June 23, 2008

Envy

I know that it doesn't make me look too mature to be envious of others, but god dammit sometimes I am. My sister was talking tonight about her 1st wedding anniversary, and how they will be spending the weekend in Toronto at the Royal York Hotel for a 2-night stay. It is not cheap. As you may be able to tell from the photos in the gallery it's pretty darn swanky.

Now I could go do things like this, if I didn't want to eat for a week or two. If the kids didn't mind going without electricity and kickin' it Amish style. And I know that they are young and childless, and have less expenses and debt so they can do these things, and I know they should enjoy it and I should STFU and get over it. But I sit and pout anyways.

I want to do something. ANYTHING. The truth is, even if we were stinking rich, we wouldn't be doing anything anyways. Jack is a hermit, for all intents and purposes, and absolutley hates being 'out' and doing 'stuff'. So it would be a lonely anniversary. I guess I'm better off at home where the 'quality time' happens :P

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I really have this envy problem too. I know that there are some really great things about my life, but sometimes I just have blinders on. And then I have to remember to count my blessings. Literally. I sit down and write them out one by one. It helps.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0