:WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN INCOHERENT RAMBLINGS
Why is it that when men want something, they want it to be bigger,ballsier and more overpriced than is reasonable necessary? And why do they want to get it when there is a perfectly good stand in already, sitting in the basement getting no use? Arg.
Jack wants a new air conditioner. He is convinced that if we don't have a 12000 BTU unit that we are going to roast in hell or something. Sure, it is humid and uncomfy without any air conditioner, but using the 6000 BTU that we have already would definitely help to put us in the comfort zone. Jack doesn't think so. You'll have to note, however, that this is the man who kept the air at 62 all summer, with the air conditioner in our room and the door shut tight on many nights. Are you fucking kidding me?? I was wearing flannel pajamas for crying out loud. Needless to say I don't think the ballsier machine is necessary. So I suggest to Jack that we use what we have *GASP* and if nothing else, it will cool down the second floor, which is really where the issue is anyways. The living room has a big ceiling fan and nice cross breeze with the front / back windows. Nope. Not good enough. He wants to freeze the rest of us out. Ok, that is probably not his wish but for him to be what he considers 'cool', it's parka season. This man doesn't even wear a coat in -30 degree weather.
Catch my drift?
Now the catch is this. His boss is selling a AF-S Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G VR lens for $400. He paid around 6, which from looking online is about what they go for new still. At least in Canuckistan. I want that lens. It would be perfect for weddings and nature.. and I don`t have a good zoom. It would really pay for itself, since I have my first paying wedding this summer. Best of all, since it is a private sale with someone I know, he would split the payments between two pay periods for me so I can make 2 of 200 instead of dropping 400 all at once. Awesome deal right
It is because of this that Jack feels I owe it to him to spend 400$ replacing a fully functional air conditioner that would serve us just fine. I cannot tell you how annoyed this makes me. Where I am paying for the lens by using it, Jack is only incurring us costs. Which then, is the better buy. Something that will pay for itself within 30 days or Mr Balls (aka the new air conditioner)
I know what team I play for :P
And with that, I will leave you with some more pleasant images, from our day at the beach and buskers festival. We enjoyed a magic show, a `houdini-esque` escape, a man juggling chainsaws along with some face painting and balloon animals downtown at the buskers. On Friday, I went back to want the AntiGravity troupe perform, and it was pretty cool. Nothing like going downtown at night by yourself to watch a show though. Can you say loser. I enjoyed myself though, so that is what matters. I always promised myself that even though my husband is a hermit, I would not miss out on things because of his unwillingness to participate. And if that makes me a loser, so be it.


4 comments:
i know that Jack is waiting on pins and needles for my vote. I vote:
Lens: Yea
AC: Nea
I would pay a thousand dollars for an air conditioner called "mr. balls". that's awesome. However to school you once again I have to explain that in order to choose an air conditioner for your home you need to measure the square feet and buy one for that size. If you put in a smaller one than it will be working twice as hard to cool and will not turn off which will kick our hydro bills ass. Also your camera wish list ranges far past the zoom lens and I have agreed to you buying the stuff with tons of much needed bill money in the past. There always seems to be something new. Next month im sure you will be getting your heart set on the Brand new Nikkor "mr balls".
p.s. I dont wear a coat in the winter because your love gives me all the warmth I need!
I must ask you kindly to not refer to kick ass camera equipment as a Mr Balls for Nikon.
I'm a dick, but I vote yes on AC. I HAAAAATE being hot. Can't you get both?
And RE going to shows alone, HELLS no are you a loser. Quite the opposite, for going solo, IMO. I'm right there with ya, alone....
Post a Comment