I am feeling much better tonight about a situation that has been bothering me for a little while. I am the type to stress over a situation gone wrong if I don't know exactly what went wrong, because I worry that I have done something to offend or hurt someone without meaning to do so. This has been the case for the past few weeks, while I have been getting the cold shoulder from a former friend. I racked my brain to think of something - anything - that I may have done to upset this person. I couldn't think of a thing. Tonight I got the chance to ask her about it, and the answer I got was completely unexpected - yet I was able to finally see that the problem lay soley with this other person, who had misinterpreted something I had said and I was not going to be able to convince her otherwise. It is easier to cut ties and let sleeping dogs lay at this point. But at least I know.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm the same way. I can hurt someone without knowing it, and if I did something I HAVE to know. Most of the time it's nothing, and then there are times where, like you, I have said something and it was twisted and taken the wrong way. Wheather or not they forgive me, I still need to know what I've done, more for closure. So I'm glad you got your answer, and I'm sorry it ended the way it did.
I'm glad that you got your answer. It hurts losing friendships, especially over something so stupid as misinterpretation. You did what you could Kimberly. I'm sorry that it ended the way it did, but you are right with moving on from it.
Post a Comment