Ugghh. Ever since I lost out on the interview I can feel myself losing patience for my job. I am back to the point where I am on the phone, thinking about how long I have until I can get off again, because I just don't want to be there, and I honeslty don't care who's phone is broken or who's balance is lower by 0.50 than it should be.
I had a customer call me tonight, bitching that she couldn't sign into her online account. I asked, has she registered. No, because she says the site is looping her around. Fine. So I go there, use her phone number and it follows registration fine. I offer to complete it for her, to avoid further frustration, but I will have to read the terms and conditions of the service, and she will have to agree verbally to those. She refuses, puts up such a fuss in fact, that she escalates and wants my manager. Here, the joke is on her. My 'manager' is my coworker from the cube beside me who was thrown on floor support for the week. (read, chosen to do the managers' dirty work). I was in his position last week, putting on my managerial hat. Now this guy, he gets a kick out of barking and meowing on calls to customers so quietly that they doubt they actually heard it. And he is getting on the phone as my superior. This keeps a smile on my face the whole time he is on my phone, and she thinks she has reached someone powerful :P She gets scared away when he mentions legal obligatons blah blah blah.. thank god. Cue the next angry customer please...
But that is just an example of stupid people taking up my time with stupid shit. Of course you have to agree to the terms and conditions, it isn't an option lady! Or how about the people who call and want 'courtesy credits' just because they have no minutes on their phones. Um.. pay for your own service asshats. And they too feel that they can't pull the manager card. Happens ALL the time.
Anyways.. aside from that huge rant.. I am not happy with my job. It was never supposed to be long term. I have been there 3 years now and I feel like the longer I stay I am trapped in a crappy cube tethered to a phone - like there is no way out from there. I can't afford more school, and the schooling I have isn't good if it can't be flexible and work around Jack's schedule too. It also isn't full time to start and you never know when money is coming in. My current job is too fucking convenient. And I hate it.
Jack's interview is in the morning. Maybe at least one of us can escape.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Death to wireless...
Posted by Kimberly at 2:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment