Today was payday! It was nice to get a big ol' paycheck, after all of the extra hours put in. It put me in a good mood. Sad though, it is already mostly gone. I have paid off the past due amounts on all but one of our bills, the cell phones, home phone/internet, 3 credit cards, an overdraft account, our rental payment, paydays loans, the money we owed to my SIL and my personal loan. I think we got alot of mileage out of this payday. Next time wont be as much, but I will have some overtime on there. I am also due backpay for my raise in September.. so I hope they give me that soon and start paying me at my new rate.
Today I have a laundry list of things that need to get done, mostly mundane tasks like laundry, dishes, a stop at the grocery store, taking back some videos that are.. oh... a week or so overdue? (oops, thank god Blockbuster did away with late/restocking fees!)and then the list of things I want to get done - a walk at the conservation area with the kids and maybe a nap :P Later tonight we are going out for dinner with the family (my siblings & their spouses, my parents and granny) to celebrate my dad's 50th birthday. I'll be a much happier eater now that I am paying my own bill! My sister was going to pay since our checks weren't supposed to be deposited until Monday - and now she wont have to.
Oh I am so glad it is the weekend. 6 day work weeks have SUCKED.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Bittersweetness
Posted by Kimberly at 5:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad to oblige, girlie. And it's nice to see you feeling better....
paychecks rock.
http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-elinthenews&msg=13134.1&x=y
Made me think of you.
Post a Comment