I am learning to knit. Yay me! Today was my third attempt - I took my knitting stuff determined to learn between calls. The last time that I tried, I pulled everything apart no less than 15 times, and that was when I could actually get something stitched together. The first time was a complete write off, I couldn't even cast on.
Well tonight, perhaps motivated by the fact that nosy co workers were watching me, I learned to knit. I actually got something going! It looks like shit, but I am elated that it is together and sort of resembles a abstract pot holder or something. Maybe I could become famous with irregular scarves or something. I am going to keep practicing and then attempt to make something. I want to make leg warmers but I am thinking I should start with something really basic. Like a scarf. :P
I am so beyond excited about this that it is ridiculous.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Knotty Fun
Posted by Kimberly at 1:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Pictures please! And lessons! I would like to learn but have no patience....xoxo
Knitting rocks! I'm glad it's going better for you. Have you tried the dreaded purling yet?
I can't wait to see pics of this!! :) I have no patience and probably couldn't do it, even though it sounds incredibly relaxing and what a sense of accomplishment! Yay Kim! :) :)
Post a Comment