Sunday, December 23, 2007

I've been tagged.

Here are the rules, as decreed by someone higher up than myself.1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas2. Please refer to it as a ‘hoopla’ and not the dreaded ‘m’-word3. You have to specifically tag people when you’re done. None of this “if you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged” stuff is allowed…then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you — but the more, the merrier to get this ‘hoopla’ circulating through the blogosphere.4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I’d like to get as many people involved as possible.

1) As a child, christmas was usually spent with a big breakfast, opening gifts at home and then travelling to my grandparents house for Christmas dinner. This changed for me when I was about 16 and I had left home, and I haven't spent a single Christmas with my parents since then.

2) We only have a small, artificial tree. usually it is a 4ft tree, this year it is about a 2 ft tree - we can't have a live tree in an apartment as it is a fire hazard. I this year's decorated with cheap, plastic ornaments that Tobey can feel free to terrorize.

3) The one year we were in a townhouse and did have a real tree, we kept it up for months because we were too lazy to get it outside.

4) Paige no longer believes in santa, and I laughed when she told me she was spreading the word at school. Bad mommy.

5) My favourite Christmas movie ever is the original Rudolph the Red Nosed reindeer, with the island of misfit toys. The remake and sequels are no match. A close second is the grinch.

6) Jack and I don't buy each other christmas gifts, he doesn't celebrate Christmas. He won't refuse a present from someone else though, so I know he has some sellout in him.

7) I got an apple in my stocking every year from my parents. I don't know why they bothered.

8) I can accurately predict the gift I receive each year from all of my grandparents and my dad and stepmom. They do the same thing every year and there is no surprise there at all.

9) up until this year, I have not had to work on Christmas. This year, sadly, I do.

10) The worst gift I have ever received was a plastic make up bag. Shortly after receiving this gift, I was dumped. Merry Christmas.

11) I rarely send out Christmas cards. They are generally a waste of time and paper. I did this yeatr though, only because I had a cute photo for them.

12) This Christmas may be the last for Tobey. Jack doesn't want him celebrating the birth of santa.

I tag Tiffany and Amanda, I was tagged for infrequent updates and this ladies have DEFINITELY been lacking in that department as well. ;)

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0