Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Deja Vu

I can't remember if I posted here about my godmother or not - and I don't care to scroll back and look. About a month and a half ago, she attempted suicide by overdosing. Things are not good in her marriage, I am pretty sure my godfather meant it when he told me he wasn't sticking around for the drama. She had checked herself into the psychiatriac floor at the hospital (the same one where my godfather works as a facilities manager, no less) to try to get her head straight. She is now home, after a brief stay with family in Thunder Bay before the holidays and I worry. Today we talked and planned a visit for tomorrow. I am a bit leery about this because I am not sure what Paige might be up against there. I know time together is good for her, as she desperately misses her grandchildren. But I am not close by *just in case*. I will have to let her daughter know to check in on them.

Tonight I called back for some random reason and she was crying and upset. I offered to go over (as I did last time, the day of the attempt) and she declined. She wanted to take her meds and go to sleep. This chilled me because that is EXACTLY what she said to her daughter right before her last overdose. I called her to go over and make sure she was ok but haven't heard back since I was then off to work for the night. I have to assume I would be called if it wasn't.

Am I wrong to want to keep Paige home? She wants a sleep over and I am not sure if I am comfortable with that yet. And I feel guilty for being uncomfortable. At this point I am not sure how my godmother would handle being told she isn't ready. *sigh*

I hate delicate situations and walking on egg shells. I am very much a blunt, this-is-how-it-is-so-there person, but she is not so I can't just say "deal with it". I wish I was better dealing with these situations. I was supposed to go over late afternoon but maybe I will go early to get a feel for the situation. That is, if the delivery man makes it here on time.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0