Thursday, January 17, 2008

I forgot to share!

Jack got promoted at work :) He applied for, and got, a management position! He is beyond thrilled and I am happy for him - he really hated his old job and it is nice to see him enjoying what he is doing.

I am not taking it so well though, surprisingly. I am a VERY competitive person, and I am struggling with him being the bigger earner now, and with the fact that he is technically my superior at work. For HR purposes he can't have any thing to do with me business wise but I am still having a hard time with it. I feel bad because I get snippy and I have to really work at being positive for him instead of focusing on my own bitterness at having not moved up and being on a lower tier than him.

It will come, I am sure. I didn't expect this to happen and am really surprised at myself. I feel pretty horrible actually. *sigh*. I really shouldn't complain. I need to pull up my socks.

In more positive news for me, when agents were ranked I was 1st in the center again (go me!) last month and 2nd in the center over the past two. In the two months prior it was the same story. At least I can take pride in that :) I also plan on applying the next time a position opens in our quality department, and while I will not see much of a raise it will be a more enjoyable job for me - and I will no longer be under Jack in any way since I would then be in a seperate department. I think after 3.5 years I'm due for some advancement too.

2 comments:

SaRaH said...

Yay, Jack! and Yay, you too! Your promotion will come -- you certainly deserve it. While at work, just remember who's in charge at home. :P

Anonymous said...

Your man should make more $$. That's how us SAHM can stay at home!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0