Friday, June 20, 2008

Under-Estimating Society

Today started out with random errands - trip to the Canadian Tire to make payment on the credit card, out to No Frills for some groceries. Then to get some lunch and cash for the weekend from the bank - at this point I realized that I had no idea where my purse was. We looked in the car, in the trunk, in the grocery bags, NOTHING. We went back to the store, checked the carts, checked with the cashiers and the manager - nothing found or turned in.

I sat and bawled. EVERYTHING was in that purse. All of our birth certificates, my SIN card, immunization records, credit cards, debit cards, OHIP and insurance cards. Jack's wedding band from his father was in there, as was my spare set of keys. I replaced my debit card right away. Needless to say I went home in a very bad mood. I kept hoping that someone would be honest and either bring it back to me or the store. I have had this happen twice before, and both times my wallet was returned to me, with everything intact within hours of it being lost.

This time was no exception. Within an hour of getting home, there is a message on facebook from Paige's step mom - someone found the purse and found their number in there so called them to let them know it had been picked up and returned to the store. I don't know when I have felt such relief. I booted it there and collected it, disappointed that they don't know who returned it. I would have liked to send a thank you card. Everything is as was, nothing missing. I am so lucky. I really must have someone watching over me.

For all of the BS that I see happening today, I am glad that I live in a community of honest people. At least all is not lost in this world.

This mystery hero has two thumbs up from me.

3 comments:

Momma Trish said...

Thank god. What a nightmare that would've been.

SaRaH said...

oh, I'm SO glad you got it back. I'm moving to Canada...

Ummm, in the future, could you refrain from carrying EVERY precious thing in your purse? :P

Tae said...

Whew, what a relief! Thank goodness for decent people :) It must be your good karma that you've run into so many of them!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0