Today I brought home our new car. It's a 1998 Ford Mercury Contour, with only 90,000km on it. I may be a little nerdy, but I am so proud of it because I did it all by myself :) It may not seem like a big deal, but there are few major purchases I have made by myself and this makes me feel like more of a grown up, if that makes sense! My last car was purchased for me by my godparents, and the one before than was purchased from a family member at a very low cost. So this, paid for by myself and the fact that I went in (an negotiated the down payment DOWN) makes me feel good. It's something that Jack and I have that is all ours.
It is bittersweet of course, since buying it cost me my trip to NY. I am very sad that I couldn't go, I was looking forward so much to meeting up with friends and having a blast sightseeing; and it was going to be my first trip away by myself too. It'll happen one day. I just traded one first for another :P
Tomorrow morning I will be selling my Lumina to the steel plant for pretty much the same amount that I spent trying to fix it on Friday. Even steven, I guess. I'll just be glad to get it out of here. I have had enough of it's quirks and surprises. It's an end of an era, in more ways than one. My godfather, who got us the car, at one time was very much involved in our lives, helping out not only when we were stuck without a vehicle, but with fixing/maintaining it as well. He now is not such a big part of our lives, or any part really since the seperation. Selling this off to the steel plant feels like shutting a door there. One less thing gone that moves towards him being out of our lives. Not that I want that, but it is the reality it seems.
I'm starting to ramble. Maybe in the next few days while we are off, we'll take a little road trip and I can go out shooting (photography lol) again instead of being limited to my neighbourhood.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
It's a GOOD Feeling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment