Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random Thought...

As I was sitting here tonight, I was reflecting on life after hearing some scandalous news about a guy I know. I was thinking about my experiences as a teenager and young adult, how it has made me who I am and positively influenced me - inevitably I thought about all of my bad decisions and how they have negatively influenced me; and then I thought to myself... my father was right. And he was, about a lot of things. Even if he didn't approach issues the right way, or communicate effectively, or bond well or whatever.. there are several occasions that I can think of were he came right out and gave me advice point blank that I, of course, blew off being a know-it-all-teenager. Now I see how wrong I was. I should give him props. Maybe a quick email to let him know that I get it.

I hope this type of thinking doesn't mean I am getting old :S

1 comments:

Small Shake said...

I'm starting to notice this myself. All those times I blew off my parents because I "knew what I was doing"...scary.

and yes, we are getting old :P

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0