Sunday, November 23, 2008

What a weekend

It wasn't really relaxing at all. Saturday morning was grocery shopping, Saturday afternoon was window shopping and coffee downtown with a friend, Saturday night was the Santa Claus Parade.. in the FREEZING cold. I think it was like -10 or something and it took forever for the parade to get down to us. Tobey put up a fit and fell asleep right before it came, and woke up right when we were leaving. He was warm at least, in his snowsuit and blanket in the stroller. We were outside for about 3 hours in that..yuck. I came home and right away went into a hot bath. I fell asleep not too long after :P

Today was my shopping day out, so we left at about 1030 this morning. We didn't get back until about 9.. it was a good day though. We went to Target, KMart, Walmart and various places in the Salmon Run Mall, had lunch at TGI Fridays' and didn't have to pay duty on our merchandise on the way back over the border. There were no delays and traffic was great. My one complaint was the Dunkin Donuts coffee I spent $2.25 on.. worst coffee ever. Seriously, it was like drinking hot water. Blech. All in all a good day. The exchange rate sucked, I paid $133 CAD for $100 USD but whatever. The day out was more for the day out itself than anything else.

Now, I am pooped. I've already organized my gifts for who they are going to and now I am going to veg out ;)

4 comments:

SaRaH said...

not relaxing, but productive! way to go, mama!

Jacque said...

Shopping always wears me out, but it's still fun. Love the new look of your blog. :)

Unknown said...

10? Seriously? Canada = really really cold! LOL

Kimberly said...

not just 10.. minus 10 lol

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0