So far this morning I have chauffeured Jack to work, and Paige to school. I have cooked a chocolate chip pancake birthday breakfast, washed all the dishes from said breakfast, bathed the boy, cleaned and mopped the bathroom, swept the lower level of the house, done a load of laundry and have even had time to take a pee break. It's 9:50am.
On a normal day, I am at work and don't get the chance to use my energy for 'good'. I get home at 1:15 most days and you know what? Jack hasn't done anything. The house is in complete disarray. And not only has he not done anything productive, he has added to my work by creating chaos everywhere he (and little man) goes.
I have trouble seeing the difference here that enables me to be perfectly capable of keeping my eye on my toddler AND keeping up the house and apparently hinders Jack from doing the same. What am I missing?
Friday, April 17, 2009
The Difference
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It is not what you are missing, it is what men are missing. Men are not capable of multitasking and women are not capable of NOT multitasking!
I think it may be a penis that you're missing...
I agree with all of the above. John acts like it kills him to have to take care of the kids on Mondays, and can hardly believe that I not only care for them on Fridays, but actually manage to get them out of their PJ's and out of the house.
Hmmm. Not all men. My husband is perfectly capable of keeping a clean house. I, on the other hand, hate to clean and am perfectly happy to sometimes let the house get quite messy. I'm not sure this is a gender issue..
Post a Comment