Thursday, April 2, 2009

When 'the darndest things' that kids say stops being cute...and how not to resort to violence

In reference to her Karate test in June, which she had told me on Tuesday that she is nervous about...

Me: Did Andrew talk to you in class tonight about your test in June?
Paige: Um yeah.Why.
Me: Oh he just told me today that he would talk to you about how it would be so you wouldn't be so nervous
Paige: Hm.
So do you like sticking your nose into other people's business for fun or is
there another reason?

Me:...gritting my teeth and clenching the wheel as I drive, giving in to some road rage so I don't rip my soon-to-be 10 year old's head off.

Kids say the darndest things eh? Well so do parents when the kids have gone to sit in their rooms for punishment and can't hear anymore.

Mouthy kid + raging hormones + exhaustion = groooowwl.

Oh, and to update anyone who doesn't already know... it's a girl! Hopefully one that isn't so mouthy:P

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew this guy who made his mouthy kid do pushups for punishment. It works!!!You should sit on her back while she does them.

Cindy said...

Oh boy, that age. Funny how kids never stop testing their parents to see what they can get away with. My teen daughter tries to get snarky with me on occasion too and she remembers really quick why she doesn't mess with mom :)

SaRaH said...

OMG! I love her.

hancock_alisha said...

oh wow.. i would have sent her to her room too.

Tiffany said...

You have a lot more patience than I do... I didn't realize they were that mouthy at 10. I think I'm in for some trouble. And congrats on the girl!

Unknown said...

Congrats!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0