Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Big deep, dark, damp hole.

Why is it that we can't get our selves together here?? We are living paycheck to paycheck.. and I am soooo over it. We don't spend alot on extras - the odd meal out and new clothes for the kids, but we never seem to have enough. Paying bills has come down to what is going to be shut off first.. and I really REALLY just want to get caught up. trying to catch up after the year off (mutually) has been a nightmare...

We can't cut costs more than we have. I have basic service on my home and cell phone, internet is on a basic plan. We pay onto our credit cards each month and end up using them again in the ever present *pinch* We have had to do payday loans, which are a vicious cycle.. there is just never enough to go around.

We have to move, the price we are paying here is ridiculous compared to equivalent accomodations elsewhere that are 300$ less a month. We even considered shacking up with MIL for awhile..

I hate to admit we are in a bad spot. I always try to be optimistic but it is hard anymore.. I just don't know how we are going to get out of this. I am embarrassed that we are living like this, on such a tight budget and hate that I feel guilty for buying anything because it could have been money saved. The stress is not helping my insomnia and I am starting to wonder if the whole situation may have put me into a bit of a depression.. I am not feeling quite like myself.

I applied for another job at work. With this one attendence has less importance but could mean the difference between me and someone else in a tie. The job is to work in technical support, which I had the chance to do last week when the call volume was through the roof. I don't mind it, definitely couldn't dislike it more than my current job, and would make an extra $3 an hour. I take a test tomorrow to see where I rank and then interviews follow for those that make it through the testing and screening process. I am not going to get my hopes up about it, not getting it due to sick days would make it that much more disappointing if I am holding out...

3 comments:

Jess said...

good luck kimberly. You guys deserve to get out of your hole and I really hope you do.

Momma Trish said...

I spent years in a financial bind, when I was single and around your age. I had collectors calling me all day long and I wanted to run away. I was so irresponsible, spending thousands of dollars on credit cards, and for what? I had nothing to show for it. It took a long time but I squared it all away. Luckily, you have two incomes so you just need to initiate a serious financial plan/budget and suffer for a little while. You'll be surprised how little you actually need. Cut back to nothing. Seriously. Getting yourself out of financial crisis feels amazingly good.

MaverickMommy said...

I remember being like that. I am soooooooooooooo thankful right now I dont have rent and utilities to worry about and I know if it came down to it, someone here would buy diapers if I couldn't afford them. But I remember how it was to be past paycheck to paycheck , how the stress ripped apart MY relationship because we werent strong enough to get through it. It's no fun. But the upside is that since so many people go through this, especially after having a baby, the "normalcy" of it means that you CAN overcome and get out of it. Like losing weight, dig and and do it. *sends encouragement to pay off the bills*

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0