Saturday, September 22, 2007

Weaning off the soother..

OMFG it is not going well. Last night he went down without it but right about now he is pitching a complete fit. I might be institultionalized by the end of today,.. especially since we are taking a 1.5 hour drive..alone..with no radio to drown him out....

4 comments:

Jess said...

awww, Kimberly. I can't wait to read about all the stress of weaning off the paci. It will get me prepared for when I have to wean Sky off of the paci. I'm not looking forward to that day.

Momma Trish said...

Why are you weaning? Are you worried about his teeth? Sofia never took one, but damn I wish she did. She is totally incapable of self soothing. She won't even suck her damn thumb. Its hard to teach them new tricks. You're trying to get him off, I'm trying to get her on.....

Kimberly said...

I hate the thought of him being so dependent on this thing. Right now we are allowing at bedtime/naps but not during the day. I think we will tackle the bottle before binky at sleep time :P

Small Shake said...

If it makes you feel better- this is easier than breaking it from a 3 1/2 year old. But, if you are having trouble, just take it one day at a time. He wont go to Kindergarden with it, so he'll give it up eventually. And the younger they are, the faster it goes. 3 nights of hell, but it's over as fast as it started, at least thats what I have heard. I JUST weaned MG...yeah. <3 amanda

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0