Thursday, September 6, 2007

Totally Unexpected

Ok so I do have something that I want to get out. This weekend a family member had mulitple strokes and is now hospitalized, unable to walk or speak. It is really hard for me to picture him like this. I want to take Paige to visit on the weekend so he knows that we are thinking of him - but I am afraid of how she will react to seeing her grandfather that way, and also how he will react to people seeing him this way. I think what bothers me the most is that if he can't speak, he can't tell us to fuck off if he wants to be by himself or isn't up to the visit. I don't want to make him uncomfortable.

I am so not good at awkward situations, and I imagine this might be one. Jack isn't interested in going - as a matter of fact this is a family member that he does NOT get along with so it wouldn't do much good if he was there.

Once the weekend rolls around and I have time to go, we will see how the situation is.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0