Saturday, February 9, 2008

All done nights!

I am both excited and sad about my shift change at work. I'm sad because I really enjoy working with the majority of people on the night shift and will miss them on days. I also enjoy the down time as it generally isn't as busy at night as it is during normal business hours. My managers at night are awesome and pretty laid back, which will definitely be missed.

I wont miss dragging my ass due to lack of sleep, the customers who hound us 50 times a night, the perverts or the 'system downtimes' that make doing my job properly almost impossible. I also won't miss working alongside Jack. Something there just isn't working and I really don't like being there when he is. Before when we worked the same shift it was fine, but not with his new position - it is just too awkward.

In another few weeks I will have another change to my shift - I am going to be working in our Academy Bay, which is where newbies fresh from the classroom come to train on the phones. I'll be coaching the part timers, doing quality assessments and all that fun stuff Fri/Sat/Sun 10-630 instead of my regular morning shift. I am happy to do it - I hate being on the phone taking calls! I think I may have racked up about a month of phone time total since about August since I've been put on as a floor leader and it has been awesome :) I need to do something to get off the phones permanently. There is a posting for permanent head coach for the bay, but I am not sure if I should apply or not. I know I am qualified but I don't think that the shifts would be great to work with, as I would have to be extremely flexible and that isn't really doable.

I am kicking off a four day weekend today (woo hoo!) and have another one two weeks later when I get to go meet AB and Aurora (sooooooooooo excited!) So take that crummy job!

I think to start off the weekend I'll take the kids to Cosmic Adventures and try to squeeze in some camera time. My cam's been very neglected!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0