Sunday, February 10, 2008

Old Dogs don't Learn New Tricks.

Recently I started to feel badly that my 'mother' had sent christmas gifts for everyone and I hadn't thanked her for it. I debated whether I should, considering the relationship and decided that regardless, a gift should not go unacknowledged. So I wrote up an email and sent it away. I had been writing and re-writing, trying to decide exactly what to say since it is sort of an awkward situation. I am glad that I decided to stick to a simple thank you, because I have had no response. If I had gotten into anything other than a thank you I might feel disappointed. Now I know I did the right thing, and can move on - without having the guilt of not 'using my manners'.

I didn't expect more, but now I know I had this one called.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0