Monday, March 17, 2008

.I fucked up.

I'm a shitty wife, and have really fucked up a few times. Not intentionally, but the reprecussions are the same.

I should probably be saying what I am about to write to Jack, but he doesn't want to hear me right now and I am better at typing it out than verbalizing anyways.

The past is best left in the past. When I typed out my randoms thoughts of reminicing last night, I never even thought it could be taken in a hurtful way. I guess that was me being inconsiderate, or at least failing to recognize that he may interpret things the wrong way. I was thinking about how things USED to be, and experiences I had, and relationships - but in no way does that mean it is my desire to revisit those relationships. I am a naturally curious person, and I think alot of us like to see where old friends/boyfriends have ended up in life. If I had known it would have hurt him, I wouldn't have bothered.

My marriage now is obviously much more important than being able to say a quick hello, or going back to those places. I think it is important to remember where you came from and the things that helped to shape you as a person, but perhaps I should have kept it to myself. The one thing I wrote, about not letting go of a first 'love' (if you can call it that, more like crazy teenage crush) was not meant in a way that I will carry a torch for him, or love him or really have any kind of emotional attachment. It was meant that I won't ever forget that experience and how it helped me to grow.

It was that relationship, among others, that has helped me get to a place where I am now where I know what I want and what is important to me. I realize that companionship, compatibility, trust and laughter are huge, and idealistic romances are nice but not necessary. I know I want to be secure with someone who knows me and all of my faults and loves me all the same, someone who will cherish my children as I do. It is important to be able to laugh at myself and be with someone who will make me laugh when all I want to do is cry. I love being part of a team and having my someone to lean on, even when I'm too proud to admit that I need it.

As far as idealistic romances, the only one that I have ever wanted to go back to was with Jack. I'm not sure he realizes it, or knows how lucky I feel that I have him. I hate that I have made him feel in any way that I am unsatisfied, or looking for greener pastures. That is so far from the truth.. I would laugh if the thought of him believing it didn't break my heart.

I just want him to know that I love him. No one else. We are in this together and I just can't stand it that I've hurt him. No amount of trips down memory lane are important enough to do that. I just wish I had the words to make him understand all of this.

2 comments:

Momma Trish said...

It's totally natural, but, if you would have asked your friends (or me) first, we would have probably talked you out of contacting that guy. It could never be interpreted in the right way, by Jack. You have to put yourself in his shoes. Even though I know and you know nothing was meant by it, he will never quite know for sure. But don't beat yourself up for it. We're all only human....

Unknown said...

What Trish said. It's no big deal to reminisce, but I probably would have advised against contact. No big deal, though. It's not like you slept with the guy FFS. Jack needs to get over it.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0