Thursday, August 7, 2008

Go Figure.

Murphy's law is an adage in Western culture that broadly states "if anything can go wrong, it will." It is also cited as: "If there's more than one possible outcome of a job or task, and one of those outcomes will result in disaster or an undesirable consequence, then somebody will do it that way"; "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong"; or, "Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way". The saying is sometimes referred to as Sod's law or Finagle's law. from wikipedia.com

This has never been more true. 5 days before I am supposed to leave to drive to NY, my car is acting up. It has had all this time to act up and allow me to fix it. But no. Now is the perfect time for car troubles. The service engine soon light has been coming on, with no actual symptoms. The temp gauge kept rising to the top when the hood is cool and again, no symptoms. I was hoping that this was all exhuast related, as my car goes in tomorrow to have that fixed. Nope. Now my car is smoking from the hood. Fucking wonderful. from the sounds of it I have leaking coolant and I'll have to replace the head gasket or something even more expensive. And I have 5 days to do it. And I can't use my car in the meantime.

I wish I could just go back to bed.

1 comments:

SaRaH said...

But you WILL be there, right?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0