Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Tummy Full of Butterflies

Tomorrow is the first official wedding I am shooting, and I am nervous as hell. I have my list of required shots, and my ideas for each of them. I know where I need to be and when during the ceremony. I have tested the lighting with my equipment,have my flash and tripod as backup, extra memory cards and my laptop to upload between the ceremony and formals. I will be getting there early to prepare and know that the B&G, and wedding party are up for pretty much anything I suggest.

But the butterflies just keep getting worse. What if I'm a disturbance while I change positions? What if I can't use my flash and end up with all sorts of noise in the photos? What if what I see in my head for the shots doesn't come through on the camera...

I need some anti anxiety pills. Tomorrow should teach me whether or not I'm cut out for this. I know I need to take into consideration that this is my first wedding, but still I should get an idea. I totally agree with the people who say that shooting an amazing portrait or nature/landscape shot, or whatever, is totally different than being a wedding photographer. There is so much more involved, IMO, not to mention the additional pressure of this being "the"day, without the chance of redos.

wish me luck readers.. I think I may need it.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0